Hallux Limitus / Rigidus
- History of trauma in the feet.
- Faulty foot function.
- History of arthritis.
- Family history is a risk factor.
- Rest from activities affecting the joint.
- Stop wearing high heeled shoes.
- Applying ice packs reduce inflammation for short period of time.
- Contrast bath using alternating cold and hot water (30 seconds each for five minutes) to reduce inflammation.
- Short term use of anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation.
- A podiatrist may provide shoe modifications, padding, or orthoics.
- An orthopaedic foot surgeon may assist with removing bony lumps or fusing the joint.
- It depends on severity, patient activity and expectation as well as the particular treatment used. Podiatry and activity modification can provide fast relief, along with appropriate footwear.
Request a Call Back
$15 Off First Visit
Only valid to New Patients to ModPod
Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer
Not to be used in conjunction with EPC programme