Hallux Limitus / Rigidus
Hallux rigidus/limitusis a disorder of the joint (form of degenerative arthritis)located at the base of the big toe. It causes pain and stiffness in the joint, and with time it gets increasingly harder to bend the toe.
- History of trauma in the feet.
- Faulty foot function.
- History of arthritis.
- Family history is a risk factor.
- Rest from activities affecting the joint.
- Stop wearing high heeled shoes.
- Applying ice packs reduce inflammation for short period of time.
- Contrast bath using alternating cold and hot water (30 seconds each for five minutes) to reduce inflammation.
- Short term use of anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation.
- A podiatrist may provide shoe modifications, padding, or orthoics.
- An orthopaedic foot surgeon may assist with removing bony lumps or fusing the joint.
- It depends on severity, patient activity and expectation as well as the particular treatment used. Podiatry and activity modification can provide fast relief, along with appropriate footwear.
Request a Call Back
We will call you within 3 business hrs
New Patient Offer
$25 Off First Visit
Only valid to New Patients to ModPod
Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer
Not to be used in conjunction with EPC programme