Brent Goddard - Podiatrist, discusses treatment options for Metatarsalgia and what your treatment options are.
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen) can help although should not be taken for long periods without professional advice.
- Hot or cold ice packs can help symptoms to improve.
- Rest the foot.
- Perform stretching exercises to improve joint motion.
- Wear good fitting shoes.
- Avoid high heels.
- Wear a protective pad.
- See a foot expert
- Podiatrists may advise appropriate shoes or add padding to your existing shoes, consider prescribing orthotics, advise taping / strapping.
- Your Doctor may administer a cortisone injection to reduce inflammation if indicated, and possibly suggest surgical management.
You don’t have to suffer any longer.
Request a Call Back
$15 Off First Visit
Only valid to New Patients to ModPod
Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer
Not to be used in conjunction with EPC programme